Number Line Addition Sheets

Hey guys!! 

Welcome back to another printable worksheet!

One of the most popular worksheets on this blog has been the number line subtraction worksheet- it has had a lot of attention and interest so I thought I would add a number line addition worksheet to the blog as well. I think what most people found valuable was an explanation worksheet where I explained using the number line as well as give the child an opportunity to practice before they attempted the practice worksheet with lots of questions. 

That is exactly what I will be doing for the addition worksheets: you will find below both an introduction/ explanation sheet and a practice worksheet.

With both of these worksheets and all of the worksheets in my blog they are all A4 size but you can copy the worksheet into word and adjust to the size you would like to print it out to. Or when you print it adjust the printer settings on your computer so that it prints to the size you want and all the information fits onto the paper size you are printing on.

 Introduction to Using a Number Line to Add

If you check out the subtractionworksheet post you will notice this sheet is slightly different- I thought the text and information was too big and could be made smaller so that more practice questions can be included.

The addition worksheet is just as simple as the subtraction one but it’s just slightly more clear and is not as messy in my opinion. Let me know which style you prefer more- for me this is far better.



Single Digit Addition Practice Worksheet

Along with the introduction worksheet which has 2 practice questions, the sheet below has lots more addition practice questions that the child can attempt to really understand how adding works and to build up speed. This is great quick exercise to do at home as the child can just sit down and do light practice activity to strengthen the learning they are doing at school.

If you place this sheet in a plastic wallet and the child uses a marker, or if you laminate it then it can be reused multiple times.

 

The two worksheets together are an incredible resource to help young learners learn and understand how to add. 

A fantastic resource that I would recommend is the ‘Place Value’ worksheet pack available in my Etsy shop. This excellently complements the addition worksheet posted here because it starts of explaining place value in a simple and easy way slowly building up to more harder and challenging examples. If you are interested in the resource then check it out here!






That is all for today’s worksheet post- hopefully these worksheets will be useful for the child and can help with learning and practicing new knowledge. If you have any suggestions for any worksheets you would like to see me create then make sure to comment down below.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!



Comments

  1. Hi guys!

    Thank you so much for checking out the resource, I hope you like it and find it valuable.

    I would really appreciate if you could leave me some feedback on what further resources you guys would like to see. Speak to you guys soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single Digit Maths Colouring Sheets For KS1

Writing Letters: Letter A Worksheets

Connective Worksheet